KARINA MELVIN BSC. PSYCH., MA., MSC. PSYCH.
Registered Practitioner with APPI & Member of The Psychological Society of Ireland
I am a Psychologist, with an MSc in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy from the UCD School of Medicine, an MA in Addiction Studies and almost ten years of formal training within the field of mental health. I love to work with adults and children experiencing a wide range of issues, but I specialise in helping people who experience struggles with weight loss. Find out about my unique no-diet weight loss program.
I am actively engaged in the field of mental health and continue with ongoing study, research and training. I find this essential in keeping my knowledge and expertise up to date within the ever changing field of mental health.
I lecture in Psychotherapy at the UCD School of Medicine in St Vincent’s Hospital and I am a Registered Practitioner member of the association for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in Ireland (http://www.appi.ie) and a member of Psychological Society of Ireland and theIrish School of Lacanian Psychoanalysis. I have presented at various conferences both here and in the UK and have been published within the field of psychoanalysis.
“Thank you for all your kindness and help. I’m in a much better place now and I know its down to the work we did together.
— Female Client
WHAT WE DO TOGETHER IN COUNSELlING, PSYCHOTHERAPY, AND WEIGHT LOSS THERAPY IN DUBLIN, IRELAND.
- Are you struggling with something which is blocking or overwhelming you?
- Have you tried sharing this struggle with a loved one or a friend, but they don't seem to understand?
- Do you feel too uncomfortable to talk about it with someone you know?
- Or is it difficult to find the words to describe what you're struggling with?
Sandymount Psychotherapy is a psychology and psychotherapy service in the Dublin 4 area designed to help you resolve immediate issues, but also to help you further a process of personal development.
One clients story...
I have spent over ten years training in the field of mental health because I am passionate about helping people.
My mission is to help you to speak.
It is through speaking in a specific way that we can accomplish learning and changes which will last a lifetime.
I have studied across the disciplines of
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Because I want to be informed and equipped to help you with the best and most up to date evidence based practices.
I love working with individuals who are curious, motivated to change and no longer wish to suffer their symptom.
What We can Achieve
I am passionate about helping you to feel more at ease with yourself.
This is the fundamental aim of the work and all good things stem from this; overcoming fears, anxiety, relationship problems, finding your place and position in the world.
Together we will restore or develop an inner confidence which can only come from knowing, accepting and liking who you are.
No two people are alike, so I use a combination of psychoanalytic techniques, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques and mindfulness-based strategies, tailoring my approach to your specific needs.
I have helped my clients:
- Quit their job and get their dream job
- Lose weight without dieting, learn to enjoy food and their ideal body
- Overcome a fear of flying, crowded spaces, speaking in public
- Fall in love and maintain a healthy relationship
- Stay in their marriage and rekindle their connection with their spouse
- Work through their issues with their parents or siblings and learn to appreciate these relationships
- Overcome self-harming/negative compulsive behavior such as alcohol abuse, gambling, drug, sex addiction
- Overcome self esteem and confidence issues
- Accept the loss of a loved one and experience a joyous life again
- Overcome eating disorders and enjoy food and their body
- Overcome a fear of driving and pass their driving test
- Carefully and safely get off medication for depression or anxiety
These are just some of the outcomes I have helped my clients achieve. if you feel ready to invest in yourself and experience change, i would love to hear from you.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
If you would like to make an appointment with me, fill out the form below or give me a call and I will get back to you within the next working day.